• Scholarship funding to assist young people from villages we support obtain secondary education. Recipients must exhibit a strong desire to continue with their education and provide verification to IC13 of attendance and academic progress.
• Provide funding for the salary of a teacher’s assistant at the Olivos School to help with student to teacher ratios.
• Provide funding for the school feeding program in Monterrey.
• Seek out and capitalize micro business opportunities that have the potential for high degree of success in order to train and employ individuals who exhibit a desire to learn a trade and thus better support their families.
• Medical, dental and pharmaceutical clinics twice per year in remote villages with little or poor access to quality medical care. Each trip visits 4 villages over 4 days serving 1500 to 1700 patients. All services and medications are provided at no charge.
• Medical patient follow-up. After each clinic some patients require additional medical attention. These patients are contacted by ground personnel in Honduras for testing, diagnostics, specialist’s referrals and advanced care.
• El Progreso Hospital. In 2018 IC13 will work with Project Cure to update and equip 3 surgical units at the public hospital in El Progreso. This hospital serves an area of over 1,000,000 people and is grossly under staffed and under equipped. By updating the OR’s the existing staff can more effectively deal with reducing the number of patients awaiting surgery currently estimated at 550 people. In addition, IC13 will coordinate U.S. based surgeons to serve on short term mission trips to provide assistance in both general and specialty surgeries.
• A new water system has been designed and scoped for the Monterrey community. 2018 work teams led by IC13 will assist in the installation of this state of the art solar water pumping and decontamination system including laying over 1 mile of water pipe.
Continue to improve the quality of life for individuals and families with new or improved housing. This includes metal roofs, concrete floors and structural integrity as needed.
Evangelism is part of everything we do at IC13. While working on all of the above projects we are sharing our faith, giving people hope and loving them. We also run vacation bible schools daily while on site at every project. This year we are pleased to assist in building of a new church in Pastos Verdes.
I Corinthians 13